Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Goals accomplished!

Ladiesfest 2010 - Lethbridge, Alberta
LadiesFest before the big spring to the finish line! (The muscle flex pose, looks a little strange while running.) It was great to see my Dad at the end cheering me to the finish. There was a massive hill at the end that made this finish even sweeter

My great running partner - Kadie - here's us with our flowers at the finish line. We got Callebaut chocolates, but it took me awhile to even feel like eating one!


My mom was a trooper and trained and walked/ran it, she did so well, I was proud of her.

She sprints to the finish, it was fun to run her in from the sideline.



This is the Cardston Fun run the week before, it was a good test run, to learn some lessons about pacing myself and the whole mental game. Kadie couldn't run this one, so it was strange running alone.




I even came in 2nd for my age group and got a silver medal, my kids were thrilled!! After the Ladiesfest, I called my family on the cell phone(Rachel was sick and so Jeff stayed home). Rachel asked what place I came in - I said - 243rd! Not quite as cool as the silver medal of the smaller run. I think there were 750 ladies at ladiesfest.

Back in January, I asked my friend Kadie to start running with me so that we could train for the Ladiesfest 8 K race in June. It was good incentive to get out there and get back in shape. Having a running partner was the best thing for me. We ran in sleet, wind and rain, with a few good weather days thrown in. A month or so later, my friend Angie started to run with us. Her legs are longer and so she stretched us even more. It not only gave me the drive to get in shape, it was like a 3 day a week therapy session. Beautiful morning runs, adult conversation and bonding- what more could you ask for.
The best part of all these races was a feeling that I set a goal, work hard at it and achieved it. Its a great feeling.






















In June I did 2 runs, the Cardston fun run:



























1 comment:

  1. Go, Fight, Win Liz!! Woohoo!! That is so awesome!! Glad you are having fun running - the pictures are so cute! Miss you tons cutie!

    ReplyDelete