Monday, October 25, 2010

The Campaign Trail


This month has been super busy since we got home from our trip. The day we left Jeff dropped off his papers to run for County Councillor. Campaigning was a whirlwind experience - making a brochure, having Jeff try to visit all the people in the division. He even went to the grade 6 classes and talked to them about the election. It was a good experience for us all. I am so grateful that he is a man of integrity - I am proud that he stuck up for the other candidates and tried to set the record straight on lots of issues. He is a fair and good man. I am proud to call him my husband.
Alas, we didn't win, but I believe that no experience is ever wasted. I am glad that he did his best! Our children got a taste of what an election was all about and now we go on to the next adventure in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment