We are feeling the "change in the air" - Jeff likes that song by Clint Black that talks about the coming of fall. I'm not sure if I'm completely ready for it, but nevertheless, here it is.
Coulson had his 1st day of kindergarten! He was so excited and always is busily preparing his lunches a couple of days in advance he is so excited. I've decided that 5 year old brains are in the clouds much of the time. He is often found talking to himself and making those fun boy sounds - you know, the explosion, shooting noises that boys seem to be born making. We think that he is glad to have some time at home still though. Jeff came home the other day and asked the other kids where Coulson was. They said "he wants to be alone" . He went and found him in the yard and asked if everything was okay. He said it was, he just wanted to be by himself and catch grasshoppers! Last night I was with him while he brushed his teeth and he said "Mom, I think I want to write songs when I grow up." I said, " oh?" He said "I've just been thinking of some." But I still may be an eye doctor, or dentist or brain doctor. ( Note the gentle coaching of a mother thinking that someone in the family might as well be in a profession that makes a little money.) I thought it was cute!
Damon is excited about his junior high format in grade 6 with 4 teachers instead of 1. I am impressed that he is having quite a lot of real life application in his classes. In math they have to do a shower experiment that measures how many litres of water they use when they shower. He came home and said he had to shower 5 times in the next 8 days to do the experiment. I said, I think I like this new math teacher - he's teaching hygeine at the same time. He said " I know isn't it evil?!" Damon is on his 1st overnight scout camp tonight. My babies are growing up.
Rachel started gymnastics this week. She was overjoyed. I think that it will be a natural thing for her - she is light and wiry and loves to move. It was fun to watch her on some of the different equipment. I'm not very familiar with gymnastics, so it will be a fun thing to watch for all of us.
Lindy seems happy with her grade 4 class. She is signed up for senior choir and intramurals. At activity days last week they made caramel apples that looked delicious. She loves anything to do with cooking and baking.
Again, I will add more pictures soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment